Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Monday, July 14, 2008

And then there were Dinosaurs...

Mom put me in the car this morning and wouldn't tell me anything other than where we were going was a surprise. A great, big, colossal surprise. Boy, was I excited to find out that we were going to a Dinosaur Detective Camp! I get to go every morning this week to learn about dinosaurs. It is pertinent to mention that the Dinosaur camp is at the local Baptist Church, which may come as a *teensy* surprise to some of you. Saying that my dear mother has small issues with some religious theories is like saying that the Titanic had small issues with water control. Mom kind of embarrassed herself by grilling the assistant pastor on the phone the other day and wanting information on the lesson plans. I don't know much (ok, nothing) about Church, so Mom told me ahead of time just to have fun and respect everyone's opinion, even if it doesn't go along with what all the Dinosaur books have told me. They asked me if I brought my Bible and I said "What's a Bible"? Oh my, the group leader about fell over. I must say, it was quite impressive though. The Church was decorated with giant paper mache dinos and caves. The walls were covered in HUGE dinosaur paintings. They even have a crawl-through cave with blacklights and a dino-dig area. Best of all in Mom's book, it was FREE! We all know Mom's principles can easily be trumped by frugality; she still shops at WalMart after all. I had a great time today and we did some awesome crafts. I am already counting the minutes till I can go back tomorrow. I even got to take home some stickers and coloring pages

Got my last night of soccer/basketball coming up today. Dad is leaving work early to come watch me, which I am SO excited about! Then we get to come to WI for the fair this weekend. What a fun week!

Later!
K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home