Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Luck of the Irish?

It has been an interesting week to say the least. We've been faring pretty well with Dad being gone. Mom has made her very best parental efforts to make sure Zach is entertained and stimulated. She took him to an indoor play place on Monday with friends and swimming on Tuesday -- both of which he did NOT want to go to and promptly informed her 30 minutes after being there that he was ready to go home. Funny thing is when he gets home, he wants to leave again. Little Bud Bud needs something....preschool, tumbling, community service...something to get him out of his toddler-rut. A little fresh air today seemed to recharge his batteries, but he's still missing something and Mom is kind of running out of juice. He CAN count to ten, he just won't. And we learned the hard way this week that there are not enough Spiderman stickers in the free world to make that happen. This kid is going to be an absolute trip to deal with in the public school system.

I had my piano lesson tonight. Zach got to come along. He was really good and as a treat, we grabbed some shamrock shakes afterwards. Probably not the best idea on Mom's part, but she's trying to keep things fun and keep our mind off the fact that Dad's not home to tuck us in at night and let us beat and pound on him mercilessly. Keep in mind that Zach had a four hour nap today (all that fresh air). Combine that with a shamrock shake, complete with whipped cream and a cherry and he gets "this" look in his eyes:














I, however, ended up with a gianormous belly ache. Mom rubbed my belly, while watching American Idol and tried to sing me funny songs about leprechauns in my belly and pooping out rainbows and pots of gold, but honestly, it freaked me out and I went to bed with a garbage can next to me. This was a little disheartening for Mom, since she was really looking forward to tonight. She had made spinach artichoke dip, bought a bottle of wine and had all of her favorite TV shows recorded, just waiting to be watched. Lucky for her, I was ok and with the help of a baby monitor she was able to enjoy a night of relaxation after a head-banging on the wall kind of week.

We like Dad. We miss Dad. And sure, he rides my back about manners, handwriting and being nice to my Mom, but I kind of miss that, too. Right now, he's working at a place that seriously says "Welcome to Caterpillar, A Smoke Free, Tobacco Free, Weapons Free Campus" on the entry sign. I guess we should feel a little sorry for him, because odds are, he misses us even more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home