Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Look Mama, I'm a Race Car!

Zach is all of a sudden making it seem very believable that he will really, truly be three this month. All of a sudden, he has an intense fascination with Cars and Spiderman. Two things that he really hasn't been exposed to very much other than being around other little boys who like the same things! So today at the mall, Mom bought him a Cars backpack and Spiderman slippers -- so much for that silent vow to not buy us the commercially-licensed crap! It was on sale and probably should have been saved for a birthday gift, but he was being SUCH a good boy. Sadly, the bookstore in the mall is closing, so Mom stocked up on some fun reads for me. Zach and I play school together almost every day, and I think he will have much more fun with his pint-sized backpack rather than my old, broken, stained pink one.

He's also doing a good job and making sure he lives out his last 16 days as a two year old as terribly as possible. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but he sure has spent a lot of time in time-out lately and really, really doing well at pestering me over everything! The cake topping moment of this 2yr old behavior was yesterday. Mom heard him playing in his room after his nap. She went up to get him, only to find that he had dirtied his diaper and decided to dig some out and get his hands, face, sheets and the carpet dirty. Mom has always heard horror stories of kids who play with their "stuff" and never thought it would happen. It's not like he was doing it mischeiviously, it just really bothered him and he was "trying to get the dirt out, Mama". Gross. Not a fun clean up for him or Mom. Hopefully, it was a first and a last. I'm sure the grandparents and Tara are grateful this did not happen when he was under their care!

I've been having a GREAT week. I went to the gym with a friend, had a sledding play-date with another friend and really loving my piano lessons. So all is good with little old me. Days like the ones of late make Mom very appreciative that I am so easy to please and easy to handle. Good thing she's got me around, that's all I can say!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home