Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Hooked on Phonics Worked for Me!

My Mom is too cheap to buy the HOP system for me, but we must be doing something right because I had a very big "first" this weekend. Are you ready for it? Ready? Wait for it. Here it comes. Ready?

I read my first word.

Yep, that's right. Call those gifted and talented people, Mensa, MIT and all the Ivy Leagues, I'm on my way. In case you are wondering, the word was map. I sounded it out and everything. Mom was so proud, she screamed. I've recognized lots of words by now since I have an abnormally, freakishly sharp memory, but this word was of true, phonetic genius!

What a wacky-weather-weekend here. We had an inch or so of solid ice on Saturday. We literally couldn't even walk out the front door. Then today, it got up to 60 this morning and there was a thunder storm. Dad had a two hour window in which to hang as many lights as possible on the house. He got the first tier done, the rest will have to wait. No need to get struck by lightning over some cheap icicle lights. Wow, am I really sitting here, talking about the weather -- sorry.

So I was cooped up all weekend and a little grouchy by Sunday night. The Bears lost and my brother is into EVERYTHING, so my patience was wearing. Next weekend is the Nutcracker Ballet and I am very excited for that. No presents under the tree just yet, but Mom promised to get on that this week. I enjoy my advent calender and take the piece of candy out first thing each morning and save it till after lunch with much anticipation. I haven't peeked at the remaining 23 boxes yet, but I sure want to!

Time to skidaddle off to bed now. Later! Oh yeah, that's a pic of my bro in his new reindeer hat and booties. They didn't last long, but he was cute for a bit.

Katherine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home