Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Monday, August 17, 2009

Hasta la Vista, Summer.

We had a nice last weekend of "summer". Ok, not the real deal, but the last weekend for me as a summer vacationer. We headed up to the Day Out With Thomas extravaganza early Saturday morning. Much to our pleasure, Zach was really excited to see Thomas and very eager to go for a ride. We met up with some friends of ours and spent a few hours doing all the things one does at a Railway Museum. It was pretty hot though and we were tuckered out, so we left after lunch. We parted ways with Dad who had a bachelor party to go to in Chicago (he survived and was well-behaved to the best of our knowledge). Us kids and Mom headed up to Nana's to chill for a bit before the Dancing Horses show. It turned out to be a really neat place, we enjoyed the petting barns and pony rides before the show. The show itself was quite interesting, I really liked watching the horses "dance" to the music and preform various tricks with their trainers. On Sunday, we had a nice visit with Tyler, Tori and baby Addy. They just moved to Monroe so we're looking forward to many more visits to come. Zach was a little cranky this weekend, hopefully getting back home and in a schedule will help shape him up a bit.

I had meet the teacher night at school tonight. I really like my new teacher and classroom. I was proud to show Mom the first grade "hall" and I excitedly unpacked my supplies and scoped the place out. It really doesn't seem real that I'm starting school tomorrow. I'm anxious and a little nervous, but mostly excited and ready. Mom is definitely not ready for summer break to be over and having to get back into a routine. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I'm sure it will be smooth sailing. We only have half days this week which will help make it an easier transition for all of us.

Signing off for now, next time I sign on, I'll be a first grader, for REAL. Wow, where does the time go? Oh and don't worry, as you can see in one of the pics Mom found time to take me to IHOP for my traditional pre-school kickoff pancake breakfast. Crepes are on the menu for tomorrw at home!

Katherine.








Jam Master Cranky Crank













blowing his whistle on Thomas





















Horse breath, ewww











The "real" Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home