Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Monday, December 22, 2008

Sitting in a tree with NO k-i-s-s-i-n-g


I had a VERY special night tonight. My good friend from school, Nicolo, invited me to come and see the Festival of Lights with his family. We even had pizza before which was a super-sweet treat! I was so excited all day, this was my first time ever leaving the house with a friend. Nic's Mom used to run the coffee shop in town and has made a few birthday cakes for our family, so Mom trusts her pretty well. I had so much fun with them and of course, I was a very good girl.

It kind of worked out well that I left when I did because our house was in chaos around that time -- a water pipe burst in the basement today. Fortunately we were home and Dad caught it in a matter of seconds, but we still have water damage to contend with. The plumber was out here right away to fix the problem and the insurance will cover it all, so we're grateful for knowing good people and having safeguards -- it could have been worse. I think Dad secretly hoped for his TV to get soaked so he could finally justify a new one -- what are they up to now? 72 inches? Puh-lease!

Got a little shopping and wr-wr-wrapping to do this week and we'll be all set for the big day. Buddy the Elf snuck in our suitcase this weekend and tagged along to WI. I had fun seeing all my family and playing with Roxie the dog and my cousins. I missed Adam and Casey so much I had to call them to say hello today. I had majuh-fun hot tubbing in the snow (in my underpants) and sledding with my family. So much to be grateful for.

Have a gar-oovy week!
K















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home