Adventures of a Blogosaurus

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 3 -- Around the World in a Day


I woke up to find that Tinkerbell had visited us again! This time, she left me Minnie Mouse Ears with my name embroidered on them, how sweet. We got to Epcot right after the park opened. We immediately went to the Character Spot so I could meet and greet a few. Mom once again got sent off on a fastpass mission. This time it was to score tickets for Soarin'. She got them and came back to see me getting photos taken with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald. We then went on the Nemo ride where you hop in a clamshell and ride through the movie with all the Nemo friends. After that, we walked around the real aquariums and saw sharks, dolphins, turtles and of course, clownfish. At 10:00, it was time to go Talk with Crush. This was one of the coolest things we saw. We sat in a small theater with an animated Crush the Turtle. Amazingly, he was able to see us, ask us questions and respond to them. He was so funny and very interesting to chat with. Mom still hasn't figured out how they did that. Finally, our fastpass window had arrived and we headed to Soarin'. Here, you sit in a hanglider type thing and "fly" over the world. Complete with breezes, swings and ups and downs. You feel like your feet are dangling over the mountains and oceans. It was pretty cool -- really cool that Mom didn't barf on us. It is the 2nd most hyped new ride. Again, not what we had anticipated, but still neat. Next we went on Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was an interactive ride through the dinosaur era to learn where energy comes from. Very educational, fun and even a little scary. Lunch time already, so we walked to England and ate at a pub. Mom had bangers n' mash that tasted just like the plate she had in London, Dad reluctantly had fish and chips. Mom forgot that it counted as a table service meal, so we had to cancel another reservation -- long story, but it was good.

We liked our lunch so much, we risked having it come back up at the GM Test Track. Another fast pass ride that we had tickets for. Here, you ride in a "test car" and get put through rough roads, extreme weather and handling tests. At the end, you are shot out on to a race trac and whipped around at 70 mph. I had fun and once again, was happy Mom kept her lunch down. We then went on the Spaceship Earth ride (inside the giant golf ball) and I played around at Innovations. I was exhausted after that, so I crashed in the stroller while Mom and Dad toured the world. I slept from the U.K. to Italy! Mom and Dad liked France and had some wine and pastries. Too bad I was sleeping, I missed seeing Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco. After I woke up, we walked around some more and then went to Norway. They talked me in to riding Maelstrom which is a boat ride through Norway. I did NOT like the waterfall at the end!

Finally, it was time for our Princess Dinner in Norway. This was money well spent. I got to see all the princess in one spot. They came to my table, gave me an autograph and took a picture with me. The Norwegian food was not our favorite, but the price you pay to see the princesses. After that, we went to Mexico, rode the boat ride and shopped around. I loved the Kidcot stations at each country and had fun making my masks. We then found our spot for the fireworks, we had to secure it an hour early. We sat in front of Norway and were soon surrounded by hundreds of people. The show was incredible to say the least. We then followed the masses to the buses and slowly made our way back to the hotel. I think I fell asleep again. 13 hours in Epcot would do that to you too! I did wake up to see that Tink left me a sleeping beauty nightgown for the night. I was so happy. This was definitely the most magical day of all. But can it compete with the Magic Kingdom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home